1. derivation - noun
· the source or origin from which something derives (i.e. comes or issues); "he prefers shoes of Italian derivation"; "music of Turkish derivation"
2. derivation - noun
· (historical linguistics) an explanation of the historical origins of a word or phrase
3. derivation - noun
· a line of reasoning that shows how a conclusion follows logically from accepted propositions
4. derivation - noun
· (descriptive linguistics) the process whereby new words are formed from existing words or bases by affixation; "`singer' from `sing' or `undo' from `do' are examples of derivations"
5. derivation - noun
· inherited properties shared with others of your bloodline
6. derivation - noun
· drawing of fluid or inflammation away from a diseased part of the body
7. derivation - noun
· drawing off water from its main channel as for irrigation
8. derivation - noun
· the act of deriving something or obtaining something from a source or origin
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.