1. cry - verb
· utter a sudden loud cry; "she cried with pain when the doctor inserted the needle"; "I yelled to her from the window but she couldn't hear me"
2. cry - verb
· shed tears because of sadness, rage, or pain; "She cried bitterly when she heard the news of his death"; "The girl in the wheelchair wept with frustration when she could not get up the stairs"
3. cry - verb
· utter aloud; often with surprise, horror, or joy; "`I won!' he exclaimed"; "`Help!' she cried"; "`I'm here,' the mother shouted when she saw her child looking lost"
4. cry - verb
· proclaim or announce in public; "before we had newspapers, a town crier would cry the news"; "He cried his merchandise in the market square"
5. cry - verb
· demand immediate action; "This situation is crying for attention"
6. cry - verb
· utter a characteristic sound; "The cat was crying"
7. cry - verb
· bring into a particular state by crying; "The little boy cried himself to sleep"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.