1. asking - noun
· the verbal act of requesting
2. ask - verb
· make a request or demand for something to somebody; "She asked him for a loan"
3. ask - verb
· direct or put; seek an answer to; "ask a question"
4. ask - verb
· consider obligatory; request and expect; "We require our secretary to be on time"; "Aren't we asking too much of these children?"; "I expect my students to arrive in time for their lessons"
5. ask - verb
· address a question to and expect an answer from; "Ask your teacher about trigonometry"; "The children asked me about their dead grandmother"; "I inquired about their special today"; "He had to ask directions several times"
6. ask - verb
· require as useful, just, or proper; "It takes nerve to do what she did"; "success usually requires hard work"; "This job asks a lot of patience and skill"; "This position demands a lot of personal sacrifice"; "This dinner calls for a spectacular dessert"; "This intervention does not postulate a patient's consent"
7. ask - verb
· make a date; "Has he asked you out yet?" "He asekd me to a dance"
8. ask - verb
· require or ask for as a price or condition; "He is asking $200 for the table"; "The kidnappers are asking a million dollars in return for the release of their hostage"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.