Dictionary Results for weight|
1. weight - noun
· the vertical force exerted by a mass as a result of gravity
2. weight - noun
· sports equipment used in calisthenic exercises and weightlifting; it is not attached to anything and is raised and lowered by use of the hands and arms
Synonym(s): free_weight, exercising_weight
3. weight - noun
· the relative importance granted to something; "his opinion carries great weight"; "the progression implied an increasing weightiness of the items listed"
4. weight - noun
· an artifact that is heavy
Hypernym(s): artifact, artefact
5. weight - noun
· an oppressive feeling of heavy force; "bowed down by the weight of responsibility"
Hypernym(s): oppression, oppressiveness
6. weight - noun
· a system of units used to express the weight of something
Hypernym(s): system_of_measurement, metric
7. weight - noun
· a unit used to measure weight; "he placed two weights in the scale pan"
Hypernym(s): unit_of_measurement, unit
8. weight - noun
· (statistics) a coefficient assigned to elements of a frequency distribution in order to represent their relative importance
9. weight - verb
· weight down with a load
Synonym(s): burden, burthen, weight_down
10. weight - verb
· present with a bias; "He biased his presentation so as to please the share holders"
Synonym(s): slant, angle
Hypernym(s): bias, predetermine
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.