Dictionary Results for ways|
1. ways - noun
· structure consisting of a sloping way down to the water from the place where ships are built or repaired
Synonym(s): shipway, slipway
Hypernym(s): structure, construction
2. way - noun
· how something is done or how it happens; "her dignified manner"; "his rapid manner of talking"; "their nomadic mode of existence"; "in the characteristic New York style"; "a lonely way of life"; "in an abrasive fashion"
Synonym(s): manner, mode, style, fashion
3. way - noun
· thing or person that acts to produce a particular effect or achieve an end; "a means of control"; "an example is the best agency of instruction"; "the true way to success"
Synonym(s): means, agency
Hypernym(s): implementation, effectuation
4. way - noun
· a line leading to a place or point; "he looked the other direction"; "didn't know the way home"
Hypernym(s): path, route, itinerary
5. way - noun
· the condition of things generally; "that's the way it is"; "I felt the same way"
Hypernym(s): condition, status
6. way - noun
· a course of conduct; "the path of virtue"; "we went our separate ways"; "our paths in life led us apart"; "genius usually follows a revolutionary path"
Synonym(s): path, way_of_life
Hypernym(s): course, course_of_action
7. way - noun
· any artifact consisting of a road or path affording passage from one place to another; "he said he was looking for the way out"
Hypernym(s): artifact, artefact
8. way - noun
· a journey or passage; "they are on the way"
Hypernym(s): journey, journeying
9. way - noun
· space for movement; "room to pass"; "make way for"; "hardly enough elbow room to turn around"
Synonym(s): room, elbow_room
Hypernym(s): position, spatial_relation
10. way - noun
· the property of distance in general; "it's a long way to Moscow"; "he went a long ways"
11. way - noun
· doing as one pleases or chooses; "if I had my way"
Hypernym(s): choice, pick, selection
12. way - noun
· a general category of things; used in the expression `in the way of'; "they didn't have much in the way of clothing"
13. way - noun
· a portion of something divided into shares; "they split the loot three ways"
Hypernym(s): share, portion, part, percentage
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.