Dictionary Results for wasting|
1. wasting - noun
· any general reduction in vitality and strength of body and mind resulting from a debilitating chronic disease
Synonym(s): cachexia, cachexy
Hypernym(s): infirmity, frailty, debility, feebleness, frailness, valetudinarianism
2. wasting - noun
· a decrease in size of an organ caused by disease or disuse
Synonym(s): atrophy, wasting_away
3. waste - verb
· spend thoughtlessly; throw away; "He wasted his inheritance on his insincere friends"; "You squandered the opportunity to get and advanced degree"
Synonym(s): blow, squander
Hypernym(s): use, expend
4. waste - verb
· use inefficiently or inappropriately; "waste heat"; "waste a joke on an unappreciative audience"
Hypernym(s): use, utilize, utilise, apply, employ
5. waste - verb
· get rid of; "We waste the dirty water by channeling it into the sewer"
Hypernym(s): discard, fling, toss, toss_out, toss_away, chuck_out, cast_aside, dispose, throw_out, cast_out, throw_away, cast_away, put_away
6. waste - verb
· run off as waste; "The water wastes back into the ocean"
Hypernym(s): run, flow, feed, course
7. waste - verb
· get rid of (someone who may be a threat) by killing; "The mafia liquidated the informer"; "the double agent was neutralized"
Synonym(s): neutralize, neutralise, liquidate, knock_off, do_in
8. waste - verb
· spend extravagantly; "waste not, want not"
Synonym(s): consume, squander, ware
Hypernym(s): spend, expend, drop
9. waste - verb
· lose vigor, health, or flesh, as through grief; "After her husband died, she just pined away"
Synonym(s): pine_away, languish
10. waste - verb
· cause to grow thin or weak; "The treatment emaciated him"
Synonym(s): emaciate, macerate
Hypernym(s): enfeeble, debilitate, drain
11. waste - verb
· cause extensive destruction or ruin utterly; "The enemy lay waste to the countryside after the invasion"
Synonym(s): lay_waste_to, devastate, desolate, ravage, scourge
Hypernym(s): destroy, ruin
12. waste - verb
· become physically weaker; "Political prisoners are wasting away in many prisons all over the world"
Hypernym(s): devolve, deteriorate, drop, degenerate
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.