1. suffocate - verb
· deprive of oxygen and prevent from breathing; "Othello smothered Desdemona with a pillow"; "The child suffocated herself with a plastic bag that the parents had left on the floor"
2. suffocate - verb
· impair the respiration of or obstruct the air passage of; "The foul air was slowly suffocating the children"
3. suffocate - verb
· become stultified, suppressed, or stifled; "He is suffocating--living at home with his aged parents in the small village"
4. suffocate - verb
· suppress the development, creativity, or imagination of; "His job suffocated him"
5. suffocate - verb
· be asphyxiated; die from lack of oxygen; "The child suffocated under the pillow"
6. suffocate - verb
· feel uncomfortable for lack of fresh air; "The room was hot and stuffy and we were suffocating"
7. suffocate - verb
· struggle for breath; have insufficient oxygen intake; "he swallowed a fishbone and gagged"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.