Dictionary Results for stub|
1. stub - noun
· a short piece remaining on a trunk or stem where a branch is lost
Hypernym(s): plant_part, plant_structure
2. stub - noun
· a small piece; "a nub of coal"; "a stub of a pencil"
Hypernym(s): part, piece
3. stub - noun
· a torn part of a ticket returned to the holder as a receipt
4. stub - noun
· the part of a check that is retained as a record
Synonym(s): check_stub, counterfoil
5. stub - noun
· the small unused part of something (especially the end of a cigarette that is left after smoking)
Hypernym(s): part, portion
6. stub - verb
· pull up (weeds) by their roots
Hypernym(s): uproot, extirpate, deracinate, root_out
7. stub - verb
· extinguish by crushing; "stub out your cigarette now"
Hypernym(s): snuff_out, blow_out, extinguish, quench
8. stub - verb
· clear of weeds by uprooting them; "stub a field"
9. stub - verb
· strike (one's toe) accidentally against an object; "She stubbed her toe in the dark and now it's broken"
Hypernym(s): hit, strike, impinge_on, run_into, collide_with
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.