Dictionary Results for butt|
1. butt - noun
· thick end of the handle
2. butt - noun
· the part of a plant from which the roots spring or the part of a stalk or trunk nearest the roots
Hypernym(s): part, portion, component_part, component, constituent
3. butt - noun
· a victim of ridicule or pranks
Synonym(s): goat, laughingstock, stooge
Hypernym(s): victim, dupe
4. butt - noun
· the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on; "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
Synonym(s): buttocks, nates, arse, backside, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind_end, keister, posterior, prat, rear, rear_end, rump, stern, seat, tail, tail_end, tooshie, tush, bottom, behind, derriere, fanny, ass
5. butt - noun
· sports equipment consisting of an object set up for a marksman or archer to aim at
6. butt - noun
· finely ground tobacco wrapped in paper; for smoking
Synonym(s): cigarette, cigaret, coffin_nail, fag
Hypernym(s): roll_of_tobacco, smoke
7. butt - noun
· a joint made by fastening ends together without overlapping
8. butt - noun
· a large cask (especially one holding a volume equivalent to 2 hogsheads or 126 gallons)
Hypernym(s): barrel, cask
9. butt - noun
· the small unused part of something (especially the end of a cigarette that is left after smoking)
Hypernym(s): part, portion
10. butt - verb
· lie adjacent to another or share a boundary; "Canada adjoins the U.S."; "England marches with Scotland"
Synonym(s): border, adjoin, edge, abut, march, butt_against, butt_on
Hypernym(s): touch, adjoin, meet, contact
11. butt - verb
· to strike, thrust or shove against; "He butted his sister out of the way"; "The goat butted the hiker with his horns"
12. butt - verb
· place end to end without overlapping; "The frames must be butted at the joints"
Hypernym(s): put, set, place, pose, position, lay
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.