Dictionary Results for spirit|
1. spirit - noun
· the vital principle or animating force within living things
Hypernym(s): vital_principle, life_principle
2. spirit - noun
· the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people; "the feel of the city excited him"; "a clergyman improved the tone of the meeting"; "it had the smell of treason"
Synonym(s): tone, feel, feeling, flavor, flavour, look, smell
Hypernym(s): atmosphere, ambiance, ambience
3. spirit - noun
· a fundamental emotional and activating principle determining one's character
Hypernym(s): character, fiber, fibre
4. spirit - noun
· any incorporeal supernatural being that can become visible (or audible) to human beings
Hypernym(s): spiritual_being, supernatural_being
5. spirit - noun
· the state of a person's emotions (especially with regard to pleasure or dejection); "his emotional state depended on her opinion"; "he was in good spirits"; "his spirit rose"
6. spirit - noun
· the intended meaning of a communication
Synonym(s): intent, purport
Hypernym(s): meaning, significance, signification, import
7. spirit - noun
· animation and energy in action or expression; "it was a heavy play and the actors tried in vain to give life to it"
Synonym(s): liveliness, life, sprightliness
Hypernym(s): animation, spiritedness, invigoration, brio, vivification
8. spirit - noun
· an inclination or tendency of a certain kind; "he had a change of heart"
Hypernym(s): disposition, temperament
9. spirit - verb
· infuse with spirit; "The company spirited him up"
Synonym(s): spirit_up, inspirit
Hypernym(s): enliven, liven, liven_up, invigorate, animate
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.