Dictionary Results for character|
1. character - noun
· an imaginary person represented in a work of fiction (play or film or story); "she is the main character in the novel"
Synonym(s): fictional_character, fictitious_character
Hypernym(s): imaginary_being, imaginary_creature
2. character - noun
· a characteristic property that defines the apparent individual nature of something; "each town has a quality all its own"; "the radical character of our demands"
Synonym(s): quality, lineament
Hypernym(s): property, attribute, dimension
3. character - noun
· the inherent complex of attributes that determines a persons moral and ethical actions and reactions; "education has for its object the formation of character"- Herbert Spencer
Synonym(s): fiber, fibre
4. character - noun
· an actor's portrayal of someone in a play; "she played the part of Desdemona"
Synonym(s): role, theatrical_role, part, persona
Hypernym(s): portrayal, characterization, enactment, personation
5. character - noun
· a person of a specified kind (usually with many eccentricities); "a real character"; "a strange character"; "a friendly eccentric"; "the capable type"; "a mental case"
Synonym(s): eccentric, type, case
Hypernym(s): adult, grownup
6. character - noun
· good repute; "he is a man of character"
Hypernym(s): repute, reputation
7. character - noun
· a formal recommendation by a former employer to a potential future employer describing the person's qualifications and dependability; "requests for character references are all too often answered evasively"
Synonym(s): reference, character_reference
Hypernym(s): recommendation, testimonial, good_word
8. character - noun
· a written symbol that is used to represent speech; "the Greek alphabet has 24 characters"
Synonym(s): graph, grapheme, graphic_symbol
Hypernym(s): written_symbol, printed_symbol
9. character - noun
· (genetics) an attribute (structural or functional) that is determined by a gene or group of genes
10. character - verb
· engrave or inscribe characters on
Hypernym(s): scratch, engrave, grave, inscribe
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.