Dictionary Results for smoke|
1. smoke - noun
· a cloud of fine particles suspended in a gas
2. smoke - noun
· a hot vapor containing fine particles of carbon being produced by combustion; "the fire produced a tower of black smoke that could be seen for miles"
Hypernym(s): vaporization, vaporisation, vapor, vapour, evaporation
3. smoke - noun
· an indication of some hidden activity; "with all that smoke there must be a fire somewhere"
Hypernym(s): indication, indicant
4. smoke - noun
· something with no concrete substance; "his dreams all turned to smoke"; "it was just smoke and mirrors"
5. smoke - noun
· tobacco leaves that have been made into a cylinder
Hypernym(s): tobacco, baccy
6. smoke - noun
· street names for marijuana
Synonym(s): pot, grass, green_goddess, dope, weed, gage, sess, sens, skunk, locoweed, Mary_Jane
Hypernym(s): cannabis, marijuana, marihuana, ganja
7. smoke - noun
· the act of smoking tobacco or other substances; "he went outside for a smoke"; "smoking stinks"
Hypernym(s): breathing, external_respiration, respiration, ventilation
8. smoke - noun
· (baseball) a pitch thrown with maximum velocity; "he swung late on the fastball"; "he showed batters nothing but smoke"
Synonym(s): fastball, heater, hummer, bullet
Hypernym(s): pitch, delivery
9. smoke - verb
· inhale and exhale smoke from cigarettes, cigars, pipes; "We never smoked marijuana"; "Do you smoke?"
Hypernym(s): use, habituate
10. smoke - verb
· emit a cloud of fine particles; "The chimney was fuming"
Hypernym(s): emit, give_out, give_off
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.