Dictionary Results for retrograde|
1. retrograde - verb
· move backward in an orbit, of celestial bodies
Hypernym(s): orb, orbit, revolve
2. retrograde - verb
· move in a direction contrary to the usual one; "retrograding planets"
Hypernym(s): travel, go, move, locomote
3. retrograde - verb
· move back; "The glacier retrogrades"
Hypernym(s): withdraw, retreat, pull_away, draw_back, recede, pull_back, retire, move_back
4. retrograde - verb
· go back over; "retrograde arguments"
Synonym(s): rehash, hash_over
Hypernym(s): recapitulate, recap
5. retrograde - verb
· get worse or fall back to a previous condition
Synonym(s): regress, retrogress
Hypernym(s): worsen, decline
6. retrograde - adjective
· moving from east to west on the celestial sphere; or--for planets--around the sun in a direction opposite to that of the Earth
7. retrograde - adjective
· of amnesia; affecting time immediately preceding trauma
8. retrograde - adjective
· going from better to worse
9. retrograde - adjective
· moving or directed or tending in a backward direction or contrary to a previous direction
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.