1. rank - noun
· a row or line of people (especially soldiers or police) standing abreast of one another; "the entrance was guarded by ranks of policemen"
2. rank - noun
· relative status; "his salary was determined by his rank and seniority"
3. rank - noun
· the ordinary members of an organization (such as the enlisted soldiers of an army); "the strike was supported by the union rank and file"; "he rose from the ranks to become a colonel"
4. rank - noun
· position in a social hierarchy; "the British are more aware of social status than Americans are"
5. rank - noun
· the body of members of an organization or group; "they polled their membership"; "they found dissension in their own ranks"; "he joined the ranks of the unemployed"
6. rank - verb
· take or have a position relative to others; "This painting ranks among the best in the Western World"
7. rank - verb
· assign a rank or rating to; "how would you rank these students?"; "The restaurant is rated highly in the food guide"
8. rank - verb
· take precedence or surpass others in rank
9. rank - adjective
· very fertile; producing profuse growth; "rank earth"
10. rank - adjective
· very offensive in smell or taste; "a rank cigar"
11. rank - adjective
· conspicuously and outrageously bad or reprehensible; "a crying shame"; "an egregious lie"; "flagrant violation of human rights"; "a glaring error"; "gross ineptitude"; "gross injustice"; "rank treachery"
12. rank - adjective
· complete and without restriction or qualification; sometimes used informally as intensifiers; "absolute freedom"; "an absolute dimwit"; "a downright lie"; "out-and-out mayhem"; "an out-and-out lie"; "a rank outsider"; "many right-down vices"; "got the job through sheer persistence"; "sheer stupidity"
13. rank - adjective
· growing profusely; "rank jungle vegetation"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.