Dictionary Results for purging|
1. purging - noun
· an act of removing by cleansing; ridding of sediment or other undesired elements
Hypernym(s): cleaning, cleansing, cleanup
2. purging - noun
· the act of clearing yourself (or another) from some stigma or charge
Synonym(s): purge, purgation
3. purge - verb
· oust politically; "Deng Xiao Ping was purged several times throughout his lifetime"
Hypernym(s): persecute, oppress
4. purge - verb
· clear of a charge
Hypernym(s): acquit, assoil, clear, discharge, exonerate, exculpate
5. purge - verb
· make pure or free from sin or guilt; "he left the monastery purified"
Synonym(s): purify, sanctify
Hypernym(s): change, alter, modify
6. purge - verb
· rid of impurities; "purge the water"; "purge your mind"
Hypernym(s): purify, sublimate, make_pure, distill
7. purge - verb
· rinse, clean, or empty with a liquid; "flush the wound with antibiotics"; "purge the old gas tank"
Synonym(s): flush, scour
Hypernym(s): rinse, rinse_off
8. purge - verb
· eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth; "After drinking too much, the students vomited"; "He purged continuously"; "The patient regurgitated the food we gave him last night"
Synonym(s): vomit, vomit_up, cast, sick, cat, be_sick, disgorge, regorge, retch, puke, barf, spew, spue, chuck, upchuck, honk, regurgitate, throw_up
Hypernym(s): excrete, egest, eliminate, pass
9. purge - verb
· excrete or evacuate (someone's bowels or body); "The doctor decided that the patient must be purged"
Hypernym(s): treat, care_for
10. purging - adjective
· serving to purge or rid of sin; "purgatorial rites"
Synonym(s): purgatorial, purifying
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.