Dictionary Results for prepared|
1. prepare - verb
· make ready or suitable or equip in advance for a particular purpose or for some use, event, etc; "Get the children ready for school!"; "prepare for war"; "I was fixing to leave town after I paid the hotel bill"
Synonym(s): fix, set_up, ready, gear_up, set
Hypernym(s): change, alter, modify
2. prepare - verb
· prepare for eating by applying heat; "Cook me dinner, please"; "can you make me an omelette?"; "fix breakfast for the guests, please"
Synonym(s): cook, fix, ready, make
Hypernym(s): create_from_raw_material, create_from_raw_stuff
3. prepare - verb
· to prepare verbally, either for written or spoken delivery; "prepare a report"; "prepare a speech"
Hypernym(s): make, create
4. prepare - verb
· arrange by systematic planning and united effort; "machinate a plot"; "organize a strike"; "devise a plan to take over the director's office"
Synonym(s): organize, organise, devise, get_up, machinate
Hypernym(s): initiate, pioneer
5. prepare - verb
· educate for a future role or function; "He is grooming his son to become his successor"; "The prince was prepared to become King one day"; "They trained him to be a warrior"
Synonym(s): groom, train
6. prepare - verb
· create by training and teaching; "The old master is training world-class violinists"; "we develop the leaders for the future"
Synonym(s): train, develop, educate
Hypernym(s): teach, learn, instruct
7. prepare - verb
· lead up to and soften by sounding the dissonant note in it as a consonant note in the preceding chord; "prepare the discord in bar 139"
8. prepare - verb
· undergo training or instruction in preparation for a particular role, function, or profession; "She is training to be a teacher"; "He trained as a legal aid"
Hypernym(s): learn, study, read, take
9. prepared - adjective
· made ready or fit or suitable beforehand; "a prepared statement"; "be prepared for emergencies"
10. prepared - adjective
· having made preparations; "prepared to take risks"
Synonym(s): disposed, fain, inclined
11. prepared - adjective
· equipped or prepared with necessary intellectual resources; "graduates well equipped to handle such problems"; "equipped to be a scholar"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.