Dictionary Results for peg|
1. peg - noun
· a wooden pin pushed or driven into a surface
2. peg - noun
· small markers inserted into a surface to mark scores or define locations etc.
Hypernym(s): marker, marking, mark
3. peg - noun
· informal terms for the leg; "fever left him weak on his sticks"
Synonym(s): pin, stick
4. peg - noun
· a prosthesis that replaces a missing leg
Synonym(s): wooden_leg, leg, pegleg
Hypernym(s): prosthesis, prosthetic_device
5. peg - noun
· regulator that can be turned to regulate the pitch of the strings of a stringed instrument
6. peg - noun
· a holder attached to the gunwale of a boat that holds the oar in place and acts as a fulcrum for rowing
Synonym(s): pin, thole, tholepin, rowlock, oarlock
7. peg - verb
· succeed in obtaining a position; "He nailed down a spot at Harvard"
Synonym(s): nail_down, nail
Hypernym(s): succeed, win, come_through, bring_home_the_bacon, deliver_the_goods
8. peg - verb
· pierce with a wooden pin or knock or thrust a wooden pin into
Hypernym(s): pierce, thrust
9. peg - verb
· fasten or secure with a wooden pin; "peg a tent"
10. peg - verb
· stabilize (the price of a commodity or an exchange rate) by legislation or market operations; "The weak currency was pegged to the US Dollar"
Hypernym(s): stabilize, stabilise
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.