Dictionary Results for marking|
1. marking - noun
· a distinguishing symbol; "the owner's mark was on all the sheep"
Synonym(s): marker, mark
2. marking - noun
· a pattern of marks
Hypernym(s): design, pattern, figure
3. marking - noun
· evaluation of performance by assigning a grade or score; "what he disliked about teaching was all the grading he had to do"
Synonym(s): grading, scoring
Hypernym(s): evaluation, rating
4. marking - noun
· the act of making a visible mark on a surface
5. mark - verb
· attach a tag or label to; "label these bottles"
Synonym(s): tag, label
6. mark - verb
· designate as if by a mark; "This sign marks the border"
Hypernym(s): bespeak, betoken, indicate, point, signal
7. mark - verb
· be a distinctive feature, attribute, or trait; sometimes in a very positive sense; "His modesty distinguishes him from his peers"
Synonym(s): distinguish, differentiate
Hypernym(s): qualify, characterize, characterise
8. mark - verb
· celebrate by some ceremony or observation; "The citizens mark the anniversary of the revolution with a march and a parade"
Hypernym(s): observe, celebrate, keep
9. mark - verb
· make or leave a mark on; "the scouts marked the trail"; "ash marked the believers' foreheads"
Hypernym(s): change, alter, modify
10. mark - verb
· to accuse or condemn or openly or formally or brand as disgraceful; "He denounced the government action"; "She was stigmatized by society because she had a child out of wedlock"
Synonym(s): stigmatize, stigmatise, brand, denounce
11. mark - verb
· notice or perceive; "She noted that someone was following her"; "mark my words"
Synonym(s): notice, note
12. mark - verb
· mark with a scar; "The skin disease scarred his face permanently"
Synonym(s): scar, pock, pit
Hypernym(s): deface, disfigure, blemish
13. mark - verb
· make small marks into the surface of; "score the clay before firing it"
Synonym(s): score, nock
14. mark - verb
· establish as the highest level or best performance; "set a record"
Hypernym(s): lay_down, establish, make
15. mark - verb
· make underscoring marks
Hypernym(s): record, enter, put_down
16. mark - verb
· remove from a list; "Cross the name of the dead person off the list"
Synonym(s): cross_off, cross_out, strike_out, strike_off
Hypernym(s): take_away, take_out
17. mark - verb
· put a check mark on or near or next to; "Please check each name on the list"; "tick off the items"; "mark off the units"
Synonym(s): check, check_off, mark_off, tick_off, tick
18. mark - verb
· assign a grade or rank to, according to one's evaluation; "grade tests"; "score the SAT essays"; "mark homework"
Synonym(s): grade, score
Hypernym(s): measure, evaluate, valuate, assess, appraise, value
19. mark - verb
· insert punctuation marks into
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.