Dictionary Results for lap|
1. lap - noun
· the upper side of the thighs of a seated person; "he picked up the little girl and plopped her down in his lap"
2. lap - noun
· an area of control or responsibility; "the job fell right in my lap"
Hypernym(s): sphere, domain, area, orbit, field, arena
3. lap - noun
· the part of a piece of clothing that covers the thighs; "his lap was covered with food stains"
4. lap - noun
· a flap that lies over another part; "the lap of the shingles should be at least ten inches"
5. lap - noun
· movement once around a course; "he drove an extra lap just for insurance"
Synonym(s): circle, circuit
Hypernym(s): locomotion, travel
6. lap - noun
· touching with the tongue; "the dog's laps were warm and wet"
Hypernym(s): touch, touching
7. lap - verb
· lie partly over or alongside of something or of one another
8. lap - verb
· pass the tongue over; "the dog licked her hand"
9. lap - verb
· move with or cause to move with a whistling or hissing sound; "The bubbles swoshed around in the glass"; "The curtain swooshed open"
Synonym(s): swish, swosh, swoosh
Hypernym(s): sound, go
10. lap - verb
· take up with the tongue; "The cat lapped up the milk"; "the cub licked the milk from its mother's breast"
Synonym(s): lap_up, lick
Hypernym(s): drink, imbibe
11. lap - verb
· wash or flow against; "the waves laved the shore"
Synonym(s): lave, wash
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.