Dictionary Results for knot|
1. knot - noun
· a tight cluster of people or things; "a small knot of women listened to his sermon"; "the bird had a knot of feathers forming a crest"
Hypernym(s): bunch, clump, cluster, clustering
2. knot - noun
· any of various fastenings formed by looping and tying a rope (or cord) upon itself or to another rope or to another object
Hypernym(s): fastener, fastening, holdfast, fixing
3. knot - noun
· a hard cross-grained round piece of wood in a board where a branch emerged; "the saw buckled when it hit a knot"
4. knot - noun
· (of ships and wind) a unit of speed equal to one nautical mile per hour or about 1.15 statute miles per hour
5. knot - noun
· something twisted and tight and swollen; "their muscles stood out in knots"; "the old man's fists were two great gnarls"; "his stomach was in knots"
Hypernym(s): distorted_shape, distortion
6. knot - noun
· soft lump or unevenness in a yarn; either an imperfection or created by design
Synonym(s): slub, burl
Hypernym(s): roughness, raggedness
7. knot - noun
· a sandpiper that breeds in the Arctic and winters in the southern hemisphere
Synonym(s): greyback, grayback, Calidris_canutus
8. knot - verb
· make into knots; make knots out of; "She knotted her fingers"
Hypernym(s): create_from_raw_material, create_from_raw_stuff
9. knot - verb
· tie or fasten into a knot; "knot the shoelaces"
Hypernym(s): tie, bind
10. knot - verb
· tangle or complicate; "a ravelled story"
Synonym(s): ravel, tangle
Hypernym(s): intertwine, twine, entwine, enlace, interlace, lace
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.