Dictionary Results for firm|
1. firm - noun
· the members of a business organization that owns or operates one or more establishments; "he worked for a brokerage house"
Synonym(s): house, business_firm
Hypernym(s): business, concern, business_concern, business_organization, business_organisation
2. firm - verb
· become taut or tauter; "Your muscles will firm when you exercise regularly"; "the rope tautened"
3. firm - verb
· make taut or tauter; "tauten a rope"
Hypernym(s): tighten, fasten
4. firm - adjective
· marked by firm determination or resolution; not shakable; "firm convictions"; "a firm mouth"; "steadfast resolve"; "a man of unbendable perseverence"; "unwavering loyalty"
Synonym(s): steadfast, steady, stiff, unbendable, unfaltering, unshakable, unwavering
5. firm - adjective
· not soft or yielding to pressure; "a firm mattress"; "the snow was firm underfoot"; "solid ground"
6. firm - adjective
· strong and sure; "a firm grasp"; "gave a strong pull on the rope"
7. firm - adjective
· not subject to revision or change; "a firm contract"; "a firm offer"
8. firm - adjective
· (of especially a person's physical features) not shaking or trembling; "his voice was firm and confident"; "a firm step"
9. firm - adjective
· not liable to fluctuate or especially to fall; "stocks are still firm"
Synonym(s): steady, unfluctuating
10. firm - adjective
· securely established; "holds a firm position as the country's leading poet"
11. firm - adjective
· possessing the tone and resiliency of healthy tissue; "firm muscles"
12. firm - adjective
· securely fixed in place; "the post was still firm after being hit by the car"
Synonym(s): fast, immobile
13. firm - adjective
· unwavering in devotion to friend or vow or cause; "a firm ally"; "loyal supporters"; "the true-hearted soldier...of Tippecanoe"- Campaign song for William Henry Harrison; "fast friends"
Synonym(s): loyal, truehearted, fast
14. firm - adverb
· with resolute determination; "we firmly believed it"; "you must stand firm"
Synonym(s): firmly, steadfastly, unwaveringly
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.