Dictionary Results for cycle|
1. cycle - noun
· an interval during which a recurring sequence of events occurs; "the never-ending cycle of the seasons"
Synonym(s): rhythm, round
Hypernym(s): time_interval, interval
2. cycle - noun
· a series of poems or songs on the same theme; "Schubert's song cycles"
3. cycle - noun
· a periodically repeated sequence of events; "a cycle of reprisal and retaliation"
Hypernym(s): repeat, repetition
4. cycle - noun
· the unit of frequency; one hertz has a periodic interval of one second (named for Heinrich Rudolph Hertz)
Synonym(s): hertz, Hz, cycle_per_second, cycles%2Fsecond, cps
5. cycle - noun
· a single complete execution of a periodically repeated phenomenon; "a year constitutes a cycle of the seasons"
Hypernym(s): periodic_event, recurrent_event
6. cycle - noun
· a wheeled vehicle that has two wheels and is moved by foot pedals
Synonym(s): bicycle, bike, wheel
7. cycle - verb
· cause to go through a recurring sequence; "cycle the laundry in this washing program"
Hypernym(s): pass, make_pass
8. cycle - verb
· pass through a cycle; "This machine automatically cycles"
9. cycle - verb
· ride a motorcycle
Synonym(s): motorbike, motorcycle
10. cycle - verb
· ride a bicycle
Synonym(s): bicycle, bike, pedal, wheel
11. cycle - verb
· recur in repeating sequences
Hypernym(s): recur, repeat
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.