Dictionary Results for company|
1. company - noun
· an institution created to conduct business; "he only invests in large well-established companies"; "he started the company in his garage"
Hypernym(s): institution, establishment
2. company - noun
· small military unit; usually two or three platoons
3. company - noun
· the state of being with someone; "he missed their company"; "he enjoyed the society of his friends"
Synonym(s): companionship, fellowship, society
Hypernym(s): friendship, friendly_relationship
4. company - noun
· organization of performers and associated personnel (especially theatrical); "the traveling company all stayed at the same hotel"
Hypernym(s): organization, organisation
5. company - noun
· a social or business visitor; "the room was a mess because he hadn't expected company"
Hypernym(s): visitor, visitant
6. company - noun
· a social gathering of guests or companions; "the house was filled with company when I arrived"
Hypernym(s): social_gathering, social_affair
7. company - noun
· a band of people associated temporarily in some activity; "they organized a party to search for food"; "the company of cooks walked into the kitchen"
Hypernym(s): set, circle, band, lot
8. company - noun
· crew of a ship including the officers; the whole force or personnel of a ship
Hypernym(s): complement, full_complement
9. company - noun
· a unit of firefighters including their equipment; "a hook-and-ladder company"
Hypernym(s): unit, social_unit
10. company - verb
· be a companion to somebody
Synonym(s): companion, accompany, keep_company
Hypernym(s): consort, associate, affiliate, assort
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.