Dictionary Results for bright|
1. bright - adjective
· emitting or reflecting light readily or in large amounts; "the sun was bright and hot"; "a bright sunlit room"
2. bright - adjective
· having strong or striking color; "bright dress"; "brilliant tapestries"; "a bird with vivid plumage"
Synonym(s): brilliant, vivid
3. bright - adjective
· characterized by quickness and ease in learning; "some children are brighter in one subject than another"; "smart children talk earlier than the average"
4. bright - adjective
· having lots of light either natural or artificial; "the room was bright and airy"; "a stage bright with spotlights"
5. bright - adjective
· made smooth and bright by or as if by rubbing; reflecting a sheen or glow; "bright silver candlesticks"; "a burnished brass knocker"; "she brushed her hair until it fell in lustrous auburn waves"; "rows of shining glasses"; "shiny black patents"
Synonym(s): burnished, lustrous, shining, shiny
6. bright - adjective
· splendid; "the bright stars of stage and screen"; "a bright moment in history"; "the bright pageantry of court"
7. bright - adjective
· not made dim or less bright; "undimmed headlights"; "surprisingly the curtain started to rise while the houselights were still undimmed"
8. bright - adjective
· clear and sharp and ringing; "the bright sound of the trumpet section"; "the brilliant sound of the trumpets"
9. bright - adjective
· characterized by happiness or gladness; "bright faces"; "all the world seems bright and gay"
10. bright - adjective
· likely to turn out well in the future; "had a bright future in publishing"; "the scandal threatened an abrupt end to a promising political career"; "a hopeful new singer on Broadway"
Synonym(s): hopeful, promising
11. bright - adverb
· with brightness; "the stars shone brilliantly"; "the windows glowed jewel bright"
Synonym(s): brilliantly, brightly
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.