Dictionary Results for backing|
1. backing - noun
· the act of providing approval and support; "his vigorous backing of the conservatives got him in trouble with progressives"
Synonym(s): backup, championship, patronage
Hypernym(s): blessing, approval, approving
2. backing - noun
· something forming a back that is added for strengthening
Hypernym(s): layer, bed, strengthener, reinforcement
3. backing - noun
· financial resources provided to make some project possible; "the foundation provided support for the experiment"
Synonym(s): support, financial_support, funding, financial_backing
4. back - verb
· be behind; approve of; "He plumped for the Labor Party"; "I backed Kennedy in 1960"
Synonym(s): endorse, indorse, plump_for, plunk_for, support
Hypernym(s): approve, O.K., okay, sanction
5. back - verb
· travel backward; "back into the driveway"; "The car backed up and hit the tree"
Hypernym(s): travel, go, move, locomote
6. back - verb
· give support or one's approval to; "I'll second that motion"; "I can't back this plan"; "endorse a new project"
Synonym(s): second, endorse, indorse
Hypernym(s): support, back_up
7. back - verb
· cause to travel backward; "back the car into the parking spot"
8. back - verb
· support financial backing for; "back this enterprise"
9. back - verb
· be in back of; "My garage backs their yard"
10. back - verb
· place a bet on; "Which horse are you backing?"; "I'm betting on the new horse"
Synonym(s): bet_on, gage, stake, game, punt
Hypernym(s): bet, wager, play
11. back - verb
· shift to a counterclockwise direction; "the wind backed"
Hypernym(s): switch, change_over, shift
12. back - verb
· establish as valid or genuine; "Can you back up your claims?"
Hypernym(s): confirm, corroborate, sustain, substantiate, support, affirm
13. back - verb
· strengthen by providing with a back or backing
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.