Dictionary Results for mount|
1. mount - noun
· a lightweight horse kept for riding only
Synonym(s): saddle_horse, riding_horse
Hypernym(s): horse, Equus_caballus
2. mount - noun
· the act of climbing something; "it was a difficult climb to the top"
Hypernym(s): rise, ascent, ascension, ascending
3. mount - noun
· a land mass that projects well above its surroundings; higher than a hill
Hypernym(s): natural_elevation, elevation
4. mount - noun
· a mounting consisting of a piece of metal (as in a ring or other jewelry) that holds a gem in place; "the diamond was in a plain gold mount"
5. mount - noun
· something forming a back that is added for strengthening
Hypernym(s): layer, bed, strengthener, reinforcement
6. mount - verb
· attach to a support; "They mounted the aerator on a floating"
7. mount - verb
· go up or advance; "Sales were climbing after prices were lowered"
Synonym(s): wax, climb, rise
8. mount - verb
· fix onto a backing, setting, or support; "mount slides for macroscopic analysis"
Hypernym(s): fix, prepare, set_up, ready, gear_up, set
9. mount - verb
· put up or launch; "mount a campaign against pornography"
Hypernym(s): initiate, pioneer
10. mount - verb
· get up on the back of; "mount a horse"
Synonym(s): hop_on, mount_up, get_on, jump_on, climb_on, bestride
11. mount - verb
· go upward with gradual or continuous progress; "Did you ever climb up the hill behind your house?"
Synonym(s): climb, climb_up, go_up
Hypernym(s): rise, lift, arise, move_up, go_up, come_up, uprise
12. mount - verb
· prepare and supply with the necessary equipment for execution or performance; "mount a theater production"; "mount an attack"; "mount a play"
Hypernym(s): organize, organise, prepare, devise, get_up, machinate
13. mount - verb
· copulate with; "The bull was riding the cow"
Hypernym(s): copulate, mate, pair, couple
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.