1. withering - noun
· any weakening or degeneration (especially through lack of use)
2. wither - verb
· wither, as with a loss of moisture; "The fruit dried and shriveled"
3. wither - verb
· lose freshness, vigor, or vitality; "Her bloom was fading"
4. withering - adjective
· wreaking or capable of wreaking complete destruction; "possessing annihilative power"; "a devastating hurricane"; "the guns opened a withering fire"
5. withering - adjective
· making light of; "afire with annihilating invective"; "a devastating portrait of human folly"; "to compliments inflated I've a withering reply"- W.S.Gilbert
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.