1. sympathetic - adjective
· of or relating to the sympathetic nervous system; "sympathetic neurons"; "sympathetic stimulation"
2. sympathetic - adjective
· expressing or feeling or resulting from sympathy or compassion or friendly fellow feelings; disposed toward; "sympathetic to the students' cause"; "a sympathetic observer"; "a sympathetic gesture"
3. sympathetic - adjective
· showing or motivated by sympathy and understanding and generosity; "was charitable in his opinions of others"; "kindly criticism"; "a kindly act"; "sympathetic words"; "a large-hearted mentor"
4. sympathetic - adjective
· (of characters in literature or drama) evoking empathic or sympathetic feelings; "the sympathetic characters in the play"
5. sympathetic - adjective
· having similar disposition and tastes; "with their many similar tastes, he found her a most sympathetic companion"
6. sympathetic - adjective
· relating to vibrations that occur as a result of vibrations in a nearby body; "sympathetic vibration"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.