1. shut - verb
· move so that an opening or passage is obstructed; make shut; "Close the door"; "shut the window"
2. shut - verb
· become closed; "The windows closed with a loud bang"
3. shut - verb
· prevent from entering; shut out; "The trees were shutting out all sunlight"; "This policy excludes people who have a criminal record from entering the country"
4. shut - adjective
· not open; "the door slammed shut"
5. shut - adjective
· used especially of mouth or eyes; "he sat quietly with closed eyes"; "his eyes were shut against the sunlight"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.