1. security - noun
· the state of being free from danger or injury; "we support the armed services in the name of national security"
2. security - noun
· defense against financial failure; financial independence; "his pension gave him security in his old age"; "insurance provided protection against loss of wages due to illness"
3. security - noun
· freedom from anxiety or fear; "the watch dog gave her a feeling of security"
4. security - noun
· a formal declaration that documents a fact of relevance to finance and investment; the holder has a right to receive interest or dividends; "he held several valuable securities"
5. security - noun
· property that your creditor can claim in case you default on your obligation; "bankers are reluctant to lend without good security"
6. security - noun
· a department responsible for the security of the institution's property and workers; "the head of security was a former policeman"
7. security - noun
· a guarantee that an obligation will be met
8. security - noun
· an electrical device that sets off an alarm when someone tries to break in
9. security - noun
· measures taken as a precaution against theft or espionage or sabotage etc.; "military security has been stepped up since the recent uprising"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.