1. quartering - noun
· a coat of arms that occupies one quarter of an escutcheon; combining four coats of arms on one shield usually represented intermarriages
2. quartering - noun
· living accommodations (especially those assigned to military personnel)
3. quartering - noun
· dividing into four equal parts
4. quarter - verb
· provide housing for (military personnel)
5. quarter - verb
· pull (a person) apart with four horses tied to his extremities, so as to execute him; "in the old days, people were drawn and quartered for certain crimes"
6. quarter - verb
· divide into quarters; "quarter an apple"
7. quarter - verb
· divide by four; divide into quarters
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.