1. only - adjective
· being the only one; single and isolated from others; "the lone doctor in the entire county"; "a lonesome pine"; "an only child"; "the sole heir"; "the sole example"; "a solitary instance of cowardice"; "a solitary speck in the sky"
2. only - adjective
· exclusive of anyone or anything else; "she alone believed him"; "cannot live by bread alone"; "I'll have this car and this car only"
3. only - adverb
· and nothing more; "I was merely asking"; "it is simply a matter of time"; "just a scratch"; "he was only a child"; "hopes that last but a moment"
4. only - adverb
· without any others being included or involved; "was entirely to blame"; "a school devoted entirely to the needs of problem children"; "he works for Mr. Smith exclusively"; "did it solely for money"; "the burden of proof rests on the prosecution alone"; "a privilege granted only to him"
5. only - adverb
· with nevertheless the final result; "He arrived only to find his wife dead"; "We won only to lose again in the next round"
6. only - adverb
· in the final outcome; "These news will only make you more upset"
7. only - adverb
· except that; "It was the same story; only this time she came out better"
8. only - adverb
· never except when; "call me only if your cold gets worse"
9. only - adverb
· as recently as; "I spoke to him only an hour ago"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.