1. deadening - noun
· the act of making something futile and useless (as by routine)
2. deaden - verb
· make vague or obscure or make (an image) less visible; "muffle the message"
3. deaden - verb
· cut a girdle around so as to kill by interrupting the circulation of water and nutrients; "girdle the plant"
4. deaden - verb
· make vapid or deprive of spirit; "deadened wine"
5. deaden - verb
· lessen the momentum or velocity of; "deaden a ship's headway"
6. deaden - verb
· become lifeless, less lively, intense, or active; lose life, force, or vigor
7. deaden - verb
· make less lively, intense, or vigorous; impair in vigor, force, activity, or sensation; "Terror blunted her feelings"; "deaden a sound"
8. deaden - verb
· convert (metallic mercury) into a grey powder consisting of minute globules, as by shaking with chalk or fatty oil
9. deadening - adjective
· so lacking in interest as to cause mental weariness; "a boring evening with uninteresting people"; "the deadening effect of some routine tasks"; "a dull play"; "his competent but dull performance"; "a ho-hum speaker who couldn't capture their attention"; "what an irksome task the writing of long letters is"- Edmund Burke; "tedious days on the train"; "the tiresome chirping of a cricket"- Mark Twain; "other people's dreams are dreadfully wearisome"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.