1. authority - noun
· the power or right to give orders or make decisions; "he has the authority to issue warrants"; "deputies are given authorization to make arrests"; "a place of potency in the state"
2. authority - noun
· (usually plural) persons who exercise (administrative) control over others; "the authorities have issued a curfew"
3. authority - noun
· an expert whose views are taken as definitive; "he is an authority on corporate law"
4. authority - noun
· freedom from doubt; belief in yourself and your abilities; "his assurance in his superiority did not make him popular"; "after that failure he lost his confidence"; "she spoke with authority"
5. authority - noun
· an administrative unit of government; "the Central Intelligence Agency"; "the Census Bureau"; "Office of Management and Budget"; "Tennessee Valley Authority"
6. authority - noun
· official permission or approval; "authority for the program was renewed several times"
7. authority - noun
· an authoritative written work; "this book is the final authority on the life of Milton"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.