Dictionary Results for young|
1. young - noun
· any immature animal
Hypernym(s): animal, animate_being, beast, brute, creature, fauna
2. young - noun
· United States film and television actress (1913-2000)
Synonym(s): Young, Loretta_Young
3. young - noun
· United States civil rights leader (1921-1971)
Synonym(s): Young, Whitney_Young, Whitney_Moore_Young_Jr.
4. young - noun
· British physicist and Egyptologist; he revived the wave theory of light and proposed a three-component theory of color vision; he also played an important role in deciphering the hieroglyphics on the Rosetta Stone (1773-1829)
Synonym(s): Young, Thomas_Young
5. young - noun
· United States jazz tenor saxophonist (1909-1959)
Synonym(s): Young, Pres_Young, Lester_Willis_Young
6. young - noun
· English poet (1683-1765)
Synonym(s): Young, Edward_Young
7. young - noun
· United States baseball player and famous pitcher (1867-1955)
Synonym(s): Young, Cy_Young, Danton_True_Young
8. young - noun
· United States religious leader of the Mormon Church after the assassination of Joseph Smith; he led the Mormon exodus from Illinois to Salt Lake City, Utah (1801-1877)
Synonym(s): Young, Brigham_Young
9. young - noun
· young people collectively; "rock music appeals to the young"; "youth everywhere rises in revolt"
Hypernym(s): age_group, age_bracket, cohort
10. young - adjective
· (used of living things especially persons) in an early period of life or development or growth; "young people"
11. young - adjective
· (of crops) harvested at an early stage of development; before complete maturity; "new potatoes"; "young corn"
12. young - adjective
· suggestive of youth; vigorous and fresh; "he is young for his age"
Synonym(s): youthful, vernal
13. young - adjective
· being in its early stage; "a young industry"; "the day is still young"
14. young - adjective
· not tried or tested by experience; "unseasoned artillery volunteers"; "still untested in battle"; "an illustrator untried in mural painting"; "a young hand at plowing"
Synonym(s): unseasoned, untested, untried
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.