Dictionary Results for tramp|
1. tramp - noun
· a vagrant; "a homeless tramp"; "he tried to help the really down-and-out bums"
Synonym(s): hobo, bum
Hypernym(s): vagrant, drifter, floater, vagabond, clochard
2. tramp - noun
· a person who engages freely in promiscuous sex
Hypernym(s): libertine, debauchee, rounder
3. tramp - noun
· a foot traveler; someone who goes on an extended walk (for pleasure)
Synonym(s): hiker, tramper
Hypernym(s): pedestrian, walker, footer
4. tramp - noun
· a heavy footfall; "the tramp of military boots"
Hypernym(s): footfall, footstep, step
5. tramp - noun
· a commercial steamer for hire; one having no regular schedule
Hypernym(s): steamer, steamship
6. tramp - noun
· a long walk usually for exercise or pleasure; "she enjoys a hike in her spare time"
Synonym(s): hike, hiking
7. tramp - verb
· travel on foot, especially on a walking expedition; "We went tramping about the state of Colorado"
8. tramp - verb
· walk heavily and firmly, as when weary, or through mud; "Mules plodded in a circle around a grindstone"
Synonym(s): slog, footslog, plod, trudge, pad
9. tramp - verb
· cross on foot; "We had to tramp the creeks"
Hypernym(s): traverse, track, cover, cross, pass_over, get_over, get_across, cut_through, cut_across
10. tramp - verb
· move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment; "The gypsies roamed the woods"; "roving vagabonds"; "the wandering Jew"; "The cattle roam across the prairie"; "the laborers drift from one town to the next"; "They rolled from town to town"
Synonym(s): roll, wander, swan, stray, roam, cast, ramble, rove, range, drift, vagabond
Hypernym(s): travel, go, move, locomote
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.