Dictionary Results for stream|
1. stream - noun
· a natural body of running water flowing on or under the earth
Hypernym(s): body_of_water, water
2. stream - noun
· dominant course (suggestive of running water) of successive events or ideas; "two streams of development run through American history"; "stream of consciousness"; "the flow of thought"; "the current of history"
Synonym(s): flow, current
Hypernym(s): course, line
3. stream - noun
· the act of flowing or streaming; continuous progression
Hypernym(s): motion, movement, move
4. stream - noun
· something that resembles a flowing stream in moving continuously; "a stream of people emptied from the terminal"; "the museum had planned carefully for the flow of visitors"
5. stream - noun
· a steady flow of a fluid (usually from natural causes); "the raft floated downstream on the current"; "he felt a stream of air"; "the hose ejected a stream of water"
Hypernym(s): flow, flowing
6. stream - verb
· to extend, wave or float outward, as if in the wind; "their manes streamed like stiff black pennants in the wind"
Hypernym(s): float, drift, be_adrift, blow
7. stream - verb
· exude profusely; "She was streaming with sweat"; "His nose streamed blood"
Hypernym(s): exude, exudate, transude, ooze_out, ooze
8. stream - verb
· move in large numbers; "people were pouring out of the theater"; "beggars pullulated in the plaza"
Synonym(s): pour, swarm, teem, pullulate
Hypernym(s): crowd, crowd_together
9. stream - verb
· rain heavily; "Put on your rain coat-- it's pouring outside!"
Synonym(s): pour, pelt, rain_cats_and_dogs, rain_buckets
Hypernym(s): rain, rain_down
10. stream - verb
· flow freely and abundantly; "Tears streamed down her face"
Hypernym(s): run, flow, feed, course
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.