Dictionary Results for sense|
1. sense - noun
· a general conscious awareness; "a sense of security"; "a sense of happiness"; "a sense of danger"; "a sense of self"
Hypernym(s): awareness, consciousness, cognizance, cognisance, knowingness
2. sense - noun
· the meaning of a word or expression; the way in which a word or expression or situation can be interpreted; "the dictionary gave several senses for the word"; "in the best sense charity is really a duty"; "the signifier is linked to the signified"
Hypernym(s): meaning, significance, signification, import
3. sense - noun
· the faculty through which the external world is apprehended; "in the dark he had to depend on touch and on his senses of smell and hearing"
Synonym(s): sensation, sentience, sentiency, sensory_faculty
Hypernym(s): faculty, mental_faculty, module
4. sense - noun
· sound practical judgment; "Common sense is not so common"; "he hasn't got the sense God gave little green apples"; "fortunately she had the good sense to run away"
Synonym(s): common_sense, good_sense, gumption, horse_sense, mother_wit
Hypernym(s): sagacity, sagaciousness, judgment, judgement, discernment
5. sense - noun
· a natural appreciation or ability; "a keen musical sense"; "a good sense of timing"
Hypernym(s): appreciation, grasp, hold
6. sense - verb
· perceive by a physical sensation, e.g., coming from the skin or muscles; "He felt the wind"; "She felt an object brushing her arm"; "He felt his flesh crawl"; "She felt the heat when she got out of the car"
Hypernym(s): perceive, comprehend
7. sense - verb
· detect some circumstance or entity automatically; "This robot can sense the presence of people in the room"; "particle detectors sense ionization"
Hypernym(s): detect, observe, find, discover, notice
8. sense - verb
· become aware of not through the senses but instinctively; "I sense his hostility"; "I smell trouble"; "smell out corruption"
Synonym(s): smell, smell_out
9. sense - verb
· comprehend; "I sensed the real meaning of his letter"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.