1. purple - noun
· a purple color or pigment
2. purple - noun
· (in ancient Rome) position of imperial status; "he was born to the purple"
3. purple - noun
· (Roman Catholic Church) official dress of a cardinal; so named after the Tyrial purple color of the robes
4. purple - verb
· become purple
5. purple - verb
· color purple
6. purple - adjective
· of a color intermediate between red and blue
7. purple - adjective
· excessively elaborate or showily expressed; "a writer of empurpled literature"; "many purple passages"; "an over-embellished story of the fish that got away"
8. purple - adjective
· belonging to or befitting a supreme ruler; "golden age of imperial splendor"; "purple tyrant"; "regal attire"; "treated with royal acclaim"; "the royal carriage of a stag's head"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.