Dictionary Results for overturn|
1. overturn - noun
· the act of upsetting something; "he was badly bruised by the upset of his sled at a high speed"
Synonym(s): upset, turnover
Hypernym(s): inversion, upending
2. overturn - noun
· an improbable and unexpected victory; "the biggest upset since David beat Goliath"
3. overturn - verb
· turn from an upright or normal position; "The big vase overturned"; "The canoe tumped over"
Synonym(s): turn_over, tip_over, tump_over
4. overturn - verb
· cause to overturn from an upright or normal position; "The cat knocked over the flower vase"; "the clumsy customer turned over the vase"; "he tumped over his beer"
Synonym(s): tip_over, turn_over, upset, knock_over, bowl_over, tump_over
Hypernym(s): move, displace
5. overturn - verb
· rule against; "The Republicans were overruled when the House voted on the bill"
Synonym(s): overrule, override, overthrow, reverse
Hypernym(s): rule, decree
6. overturn - verb
· cause the downfall of; of rulers; "The Czar was overthrown"; "subvert the ruling class"
Synonym(s): overthrow, subvert, bring_down
Hypernym(s): depose, force_out
7. overturn - verb
· cancel officially; "He revoked the ban on smoking"; "lift an embargo"; "vacate a death sentence"
Synonym(s): revoke, annul, lift, countermand, reverse, repeal, rescind, vacate
Hypernym(s): cancel, strike_down
8. overturn - verb
· change radically; "E-mail revolutionized communication in academe"
Synonym(s): revolutionize, revolutionise
Hypernym(s): change, alter, modify
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.