1. harden - verb
· become hard or harder; "The wax hardened"
2. harden - verb
· make hard or harder; "The cold hardened the butter"
3. harden - verb
· harden by reheating and cooling in oil; "temper steel"
4. harden - verb
· make fit; "This trip will season even the hardiest traveller"
5. harden - verb
· cause to accept or become hardened to; habituate; "He was inured to the cold"
6. hardened - adjective
· used of persons; emotionally hardened; "faced a case-hardened judge"
7. hardened - adjective
· made hard or flexible or resilient especially by heat treatment; "a sword of tempered steel"; "tempered glass"
8. hardened - adjective
· protected against attack (especially by nuclear weapons); "hardened missile silos"
9. hardened - adjective
· made tough by habitual exposure; "hardened fishermen"; "a peasant, dark, lean-faced, wind-inured"- Robert Lynd; "our successors...may be graver, more inured and equable men"- V.S.Pritchett
10. hardened - adjective
· converted to solid form (as concrete)
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.