Dictionary Results for gentle|
1. gentle - verb
· cause to be more favorably inclined; gain the good will of; "She managed to mollify the angry customer"
Synonym(s): pacify, lenify, conciliate, assuage, appease, mollify, placate, gruntle
Hypernym(s): calm, calm_down, quiet, tranquilize, tranquillize, tranquillise, quieten, lull, still
2. gentle - verb
· give a title to someone; make someone a member of the nobility
Synonym(s): ennoble, entitle
Hypernym(s): promote, upgrade, advance, kick_upstairs, raise, elevate
3. gentle - verb
· stroke soothingly
4. gentle - adjective
· soft and mild; not harsh or stern or severe; "a gentle reprimand"; "a vein of gentle irony"; "poked gentle fun at him"
5. gentle - adjective
· having or showing a kindly or tender nature; "the gentle touch of her hand"; "her gentle manner was comforting"; "a gentle sensitive nature"; "gentle blue eyes"
6. gentle - adjective
· quiet and soothing; "a gentle voice"; "a gentle nocturne"
7. gentle - adjective
· belonging to or characteristic of the nobility or aristocracy; "an aristocratic family"; "aristocratic Bostonians"; "aristocratic government"; "a blue family"; "blue blood"; "the blue-blooded aristocracy"; "of gentle blood"; "patrician landholders of the American South"; "aristocratic bearing"; "aristocratic features"; "patrician tastes"
Synonym(s): aristocratic, aristocratical, blue, blue-blooded, patrician
8. gentle - adjective
· easily handled or managed; "a gentle old horse, docile and obedient"
9. gentle - adjective
· having little impact; "an easy pat on the shoulder"; "gentle rain"; "a gentle breeze"; "a soft (or light) tapping at the window"
Synonym(s): easy, soft
10. gentle - adjective
· marked by moderate steepness; "an easy climb"; "a gentle slope"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.