Dictionary Results for first|
1. first - noun
· the first or highest in an ordering or series; "He wanted to be the first"
2. first - noun
· the first element in a countable series; "the first of the month"
Synonym(s): number_one, number_1
Hypernym(s): ordinal_number, ordinal, no.
3. first - noun
· the time at which something is supposed to begin; "they got an early start"; "she knew from the get-go that he was the man for her"
Synonym(s): beginning, commencement, outset, get-go, start, kickoff, starting_time, showtime, offset
Hypernym(s): point, point_in_time
4. first - noun
· the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed at first of the bases in the infield (counting counterclockwise from home plate)
5. first - noun
· an honours degree of the highest class
Hypernym(s): honours, honours_degree
6. first - noun
· the lowest forward gear ratio in the gear box of a motor vehicle; used to start a car moving
Synonym(s): first_gear, low_gear, low
Hypernym(s): gear, gear_mechanism
7. first - adjective
· preceding all others in time or space or degree; "the first house on the right"; "the first day of spring"; "his first political race"; "her first baby"; "the first time"; "the first meetings of the new party"; "the first phase of his training"
8. first - adjective
· indicating the beginning unit in a series
9. first - adjective
· serving to set in motion; "the magazine's inaugural issue"; "the initiative phase in the negotiations"; "an initiatory step toward a treaty"; "his first (or maiden) speech in Congress"; "the liner's maiden voyage"
Synonym(s): inaugural, initiative, initiatory, maiden
10. first - adjective
· serving to begin; "the beginning canto of the poem"; "the first verse"
11. first - adjective
· ranking above all others; "was first in her class"; "the foremost figure among marine artists"; "the top graduate"
Synonym(s): foremost, world-class
12. first - adjective
· highest in pitch or chief among parts or voices or instruments or orchestra sections; "first soprano"; "the first violin section"; "played first horn"
13. first - adverb
· before anything else; "first we must consider the garter snake"
Synonym(s): firstly, foremost, first_of_all, first_off
14. first - adverb
· the initial time; "when Felix first saw a garter snake"
15. first - adverb
· before another in time, space, or importance; "I was here first"; "let's do this job first"
16. first - adverb
· prominently forward; "he put his best foot foremost"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.