Dictionary Results for adopted|
1. adopt - verb
· choose and follow; as of theories, ideas, policies, strategies or plans; "She followed the feminist movement"; "The candidate espouses Republican ideals"
Synonym(s): follow, espouse
Hypernym(s): choose, take, select, pick_out
2. adopt - verb
· take up and practice as one's own
Synonym(s): borrow, take_over, take_up
Hypernym(s): accept, take, have
3. adopt - verb
· take on titles, offices, duties, responsibilities; "When will the new President assume office?"
Synonym(s): assume, take_on, take_over
4. adopt - verb
· take on a certain form, attribute, or aspect; "His voice took on a sad tone"; "The story took a new turn"; "he adopted an air of superiority"; "She assumed strange manners"; "The gods assume human or animal form in these fables"
Synonym(s): assume, acquire, take_on, take
5. adopt - verb
· take into one's family; "They adopted two children from Nicaragua"
6. adopt - verb
· put into dramatic form; "adopt a book for a screenplay"
Synonym(s): dramatize, dramatise
Hypernym(s): write, compose, pen, indite
7. adopt - verb
· take up the cause, ideology, practice, method, of someone and use it as one's own; "She embraced Catholicism"; "They adopted the Jewish faith"
Synonym(s): espouse, embrace, sweep_up
8. adopted - adjective
· acquired as your own by free choice; "my adopted state"; "an adoptive country"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.