1. whistle - noun
· the sound made by something moving rapidly or by steam coming out of a small aperture
2. whistle - noun
· the act of signalling (e.g., summoning) by whistling or blowing a whistle; "the whistle signalled the end of the game"
3. whistle - noun
· a small wind instrument that produces a whistling sound by blowing into it
4. whistle - noun
· acoustic device that forces air or steam against an edge or into a cavity and so produces a loud shrill sound
5. whistle - noun
· an inexpensive fipple flute
6. whistle - verb
· make whistling sounds; "He lay there, snoring and whistling"
7. whistle - verb
· move with, or as with, a whistling sound; "The bullets whistled past him"
8. whistle - verb
· utter or express by whistling; "She whistled a melody"
9. whistle - verb
· move, send, or bring as if by whistling; "Her optimism whistled away these worries"
10. whistle - verb
· make a whining, ringing, or whistling sound; "the kettle was singing"; "the bullet sang past his ear"
11. whistle - verb
· give a signal by whistling; "She whistled for her maid"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.