1. whipping - noun
· beating with a whip or strap or rope as a form of punishment
2. whipping - noun
· a sound defeat
3. whipping - noun
· a sewing stitch passing over an edge diagonally
4. whipping - noun
· the act of overcoming or outdoing
5. whip - verb
· beat severely with a whip or rod; "The teacher often flogged the students"; "The children were severely trounced"
6. whip - verb
· defeat thoroughly; "He mopped up the floor with his opponents"
7. whip - verb
· thrash about flexibly in the manner of a whiplash; "The tall grass whipped in the wind"
8. whip - verb
· strike as if by whipping; "The curtain whipped her face"
9. whip - verb
· whip with or as if with a wire whisk; "whisk the eggs"
10. whip - verb
· subject to harsh criticism; "The Senator blistered the administration in his speech on Friday"; "the professor scaled the students"; "your invectives scorched the community"
11. whipping - adjective
· smart and fashionable; "snappy conversation"; "some sharp and whipping lines"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.