1. wells - noun
· prolific English writer best known for his science-fiction novels; he also wrote on contemporary social problems and wrote popular accounts of history and science (1866-1946)
2. well - noun
· a deep hole or shaft dug or drilled to obtain water or oil or gas or brine
3. well - noun
· a cavity or vessel used to contain liquid
4. well - noun
· an abundant source; "she was a well of information"
5. well - noun
· an open shaft through the floors of a building (as for a stairway)
6. well - noun
· an enclosed compartment in a ship or plane for holding something as e.g. fish or a plane's landing gear or for protecting something as e.g. a ship's pumps
7. well - verb
· come up, as of a liquid; "Tears well in her eyes"; "the currents well up"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.