1. waste - noun
· any materials unused and rejected as worthless or unwanted; "they collect the waste once a week"; "much of the waste material is carried off in the sewers"
2. waste - noun
· useless or profitless activity; using or expending or consuming thoughtlessly or carelessly; "if the effort brings no compensating gain it is a waste"; "mindless dissipation of natural resources"
3. waste - noun
· the trait of wasting resources; "a life characterized by thriftlessness and waste"; "the wastefulness of missed opportunities"
4. waste - noun
· an uninhabited wilderness that is worthless for cultivation; "the barrens of central Africa"; "the trackless wastes of the desert"
5. waste - noun
· (law) reduction in the value of an estate caused by act or neglect
6. waste - verb
· spend thoughtlessly; throw away; "He wasted his inheritance on his insincere friends"; "You squandered the opportunity to get and advanced degree"
7. waste - verb
· use inefficiently or inappropriately; "waste heat"; "waste a joke on an unappreciative audience"
8. waste - verb
· get rid of; "We waste the dirty water by channeling it into the sewer"
9. waste - verb
· run off as waste; "The water wastes back into the ocean"
10. waste - verb
· get rid of (someone who may be a threat) by killing; "The mafia liquidated the informer"; "the double agent was neutralized"
11. waste - verb
· spend extravagantly; "waste not, want not"
12. waste - verb
· lose vigor, health, or flesh, as through grief; "After her husband died, she just pined away"
13. waste - verb
· cause to grow thin or weak; "The treatment emaciated him"
14. waste - verb
· cause extensive destruction or ruin utterly; "The enemy lay waste to the countryside after the invasion"
15. waste - verb
· become physically weaker; "Political prisoners are wasting away in many prisons all over the world"
16. waste - adjective
· located in a dismal or remote area; desolate; "a desert island"; "a godforsaken wilderness crossroads"; "a wild stretch of land"; "waste places"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.