1. warning - noun
· a message informing of danger; "a warning that still more bombs could explode"
2. warning - noun
· cautionary advice about something imminent (especially imminent danger or other unpleasantness); "a letter of admonition about the dangers of immorality"; "the warning was to beware of surprises"; "his final word of advice was not to play with matches"
3. warning - noun
· notification of something, usually in advance; "they gave little warning of their arrival"; "she had only had four days' warning before leaving Berlin"
4. warn - verb
· notify of danger, potential harm, or risk; "The director warned him that he might be fired"; "The doctor warned me about the dangers of smoking"
5. warn - verb
· advise or counsel in terms of someone's behavior; "I warned him not to go too far"; "I warn you against false assumptions"; "She warned him to be quiet"
6. warn - verb
· ask to go away; "The old man warned the children off his property"
7. warn - verb
· notify, usually in advance; "I warned you that I would ask some difficult questions"
8. warning - adjective
· serving to warn; "shook a monitory finger at him"; "an exemplary jail sentence"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.