1. universal - noun
· (linguistics) a grammatical rule (or other linguistic feature) that is found in all languages
2. universal - noun
· (logic) a proposition that asserts something of all members of a class
3. universal - noun
· a behavioral convention or pattern characteristic of all members of a particular culture or of all human beings; "some form of religion seems to be a human universal"
4. universal - noun
· coupling that connects two rotating shafts allowing freedom of movement in all directions; "in motor vehicles a universal joint allows the driveshaft to move up and down as the vehicle passes over bumps"
5. universal - adjective
· of worldwide scope or applicability; "an issue of cosmopolitan import"; "the shrewdest political and ecumenical comment of our time"- Christopher Morley; "universal experience"
6. universal - adjective
· applicable to or common to all members of a group or set; "the play opened to universal acclaim"; "rap enjoys universal appeal among teenage boys"
7. universal - adjective
· adapted to various purposes, sizes, forms, operations; "universal wrench"; "universal chuck"; "universal screwdriver"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.